Treatment in the Bristol Trauma Clinic
The Bristol Trauma Clinic is run by Consultant Psychiatrists and Clinical Psychologists. We can provide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Your first meeting with the Consultant will usually take about an hour. It will involve a detailed assessment of your problems. The available treatment options will be discussed with you and you will be involved in the development of an individual treatment plan. Your treatment may consist of one or more of the following options:
- Investigation and treatment for associated medical problems such as chronic pain.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy or EMDR with a clinical psychologist
- Longer psychotherapy sessions (lasting about 1 hour each) with a consultant psychiatrist specialising in psychotherapy.
- Relationship counselling to alleviate difficulties caused by trauma.
- Sometimes medication will be prescribed to alleviate distressing symptoms but only where this is agreed with the patient.
We provide a private and highly confidential service for veterans who are senior officers. Please email the clinic for more information.
All the consultants at the Bristol Trauma Clinic are registered with the main private medical insurers such as AXA, BUPA and PPP.
Please contact the clinic for advice regarding fees.